Registration for NSW Schools
Online Registrations for Primary students are available for AFL, Cricket, Basketball, Tennis, Netball, Rugby League, Football (Soccer), Hockey, Touch Football, Rugby Union and Softball via the Nominations tab. Teams will be selected to attend the MacKillop trials based on the Canberra Goulburn trials . Click on the sport you wish to register for, complete and submit the form. Please note anyone can register for these trials however they are an expression of interest only and will be discussed with your school sports coordinator the suitability of the student to trial. These trials are essentially for students in years 5 and 6, however younger students may be considered if they are exceptional within their chosen sport.
In the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn, Primary and Secondary schools are invited to participate in annual carnivals for Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics. These major events also serve as a selection process for Canberra Goulburn Archdiocesan teams. Children may progress from school level, to regional level, to Archdiocesan, to MacKillop/CCC, to NSWPSSA/All Schools and ultimately national level in selected sports. For more detail please see pathways information.
This year will see the introduction of an Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn Primary Netball and Football (Soccer) Championships which will additionally serve as a selection trial for the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn Team.
For all individual and team sports a Canberra Goulburn Archdiocesan team is selected to participate at the Inter-Diocesan (MacKillop) Trials. The MacKillop region includes Wollongong, Parramatta, Sydney, Wagga Wagga and Canberra/Goulburn.
Parents of students selected in Canberra Goulburn teams will be required to register student details online through the NSW CSSS website. This will require you to log on, receive a password then enter relevant details. Once on the website listed above click into the HELP icon for instructions on what to do to register.
A team representing the MacKillop region is entered in the N.S.W. Primary School Sports Association (NSWPSSA) state championships. At this level, children from Catholic, Independent and Government Schools compete together.
Individual children are invited to participate in trials for the following Canberra Goulburn representative teams: Tennis, Basketball, Softball, Cricket, Touch Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Australian Rules Football, Football (Soccer), Hockey and Netball.
MacKillop (NSW Primary) Registration Instructions
Registration for MacKillop events are for athletes that are selected to represent the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn.
PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE MACKILLOP TRIALS UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO DO SO
CCC (NSW Secondary) Registration Instructions
Registration for NSWCCC events are for athletes that are selected to represent the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (Swimming, Athletics, Cross Country and Touch Football) or for individual entries to trial for a CCC team
ACT School Sport Registration Instructions
Registrations to trial for ACT School Sport teams are via the ACT School Sport Website. School Sport ACT now collects all registration information online – this is to prevent the movement to and fro of a paper note and have all information readily available to officials prior to the trial. As this process incurs a fee for data storage, system maintenance and admin, a small $5 fee payment via credit card will be required.
- Go to the School Sport ACT website
- Click Register (top right corner of homepage) for an Account – enter parent details and password
- A confirmation email will be sent to your chosen email that will contain a link that you must click on to verify the email account.
- Click Log In (top right hand corner of home page) enter password then click on top tab My Profile
- You will see a ‘dashboard’ of your information, click green box to Add Student – enter student and medical details and save.
- Go to the Sports Tab – choose your specific sport, click on Trial Information box then click on the Register to Trial link.
- Select your child’s name from the dropdown box and then enter the optional fields for Playing History, Preferred Position (if applicable) and Representative Experience. If you are already in the system, ensure your child’s school is up to date in your profile – have they moved onto High School?
- Make the $5 credit card payment then click to register.
- An automated email will then be sent to your Principal/School Approver for their approval to trial (no need to take anything to school for the Principal to sign).
- You will be able to see the process has been complete back in My Profile – once your Principal/School Approver has completed the approval process your child’s information will be collated onto a list for the Team Manager and Coach prior to trial.
- Note the registration process closes two days before the first trial date to allow sufficient time for approval and sharing of collated information.